Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities, Events + Things We Love




Thursday, April 28, 2011

Local Celebrity Buzz: An Interview with Seattliete Blogger MollieInSeattle

Photo Courtesy of Mollie <3
Celebrity Buzz: Local Blogger MollieinSeattle
The definition of the word celebrity is very fluid to me.  I agreed on this blog to cover the “Seattle Celeb Buzz”.  To me that buzz included the heartbeat of downtown Seattle.  I decided to cover female celebs, not just AListers, but women who make a difference in Seattle, live in the public eye, have a fan base of followers and are thus considered local celebrities.  Ofcourse, I will occasionally cover an A-Lister like Jennifer Aniston, but to me it is the local women, who make a difference and are well known in Seattle, that the true story lies. 
This time, my celeb of choice is a local blogger with over 2,969 Twitter Followers, and over 1,100 Facebook friends.  Meet Seattle Blogger, MollieinSeattle, by Mollie Ruiz-Hopper.  I first heard about MollieinSeattle on Twitter.  I asked my own Twitter fans “who is your favorite Seattle blogger?” and  Mollie’s name came up, again, and again, and again. I began watching Mollie and her blog, and watched it go with amazing success.   When Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen visited Seattle to visit Nordstrom for their Elizabeth & James clothing line, you can be sure that Mollie was there, and was one of the first local bloggers to launch the story.  As a new Girl Power Hour blogger myself, I am inspired by Mollie’s success as a blogger.  
Recently, I reached to Mollie and she agreed to do a short interview with me about her blogger success. THANK YOU MOLLIE- for giving me some insight into your world! J I hope you enjoy learning from her as much as I will.

MC: Where do you get your inspiration to write from?
Inspiration really comes at me in various forms, shapes, sounds and experiences. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and think of a topic, other times I’m hanging out with friends and notice something, maybe a skirt someone is wearing, a behavior I don’t like, other times I’m influenced by personal experiences from friendships to dating. Writing for me is really theraputic and something I enjoy very much.
MC: Do you remember your first blog post ever? What was it about?
One of my very first blog posts ever was about Tory Burch, her brand is one of my favorites and her Reva Flats are shoes that should live in the closet of every lady!
MC: What advice do you have for other women starting their own blogs?
The biggest thing is to actually start a blog, sign up with whatever website you feel comfortable using, create a name and start writing. I think getting started is the toughest part, once you’re all set just write about what you’re passionate about and your audience will develop.
MC: What is your most memorable blog post and why?
So far my most memorable and favorite blog post I’ve written was about my mom, it’s the most raw and personal I’ve written and I think it give people a direct look into who I am as a person.
MC: What would you like people to know about you?
I secretly have a crush on Justin Bieber.
MC: On this blog, I like to support strong, successful women that have a positive influence on their fans. Describe what being a strong successful woman means to you:
Being strong and successful to me means following your dreams, setting goals and doing whatever it takes to reach them. Not letting other people get you down or discourage you, having confidence in yourself that you can be whatever you strive for and that always staying positive will get you through anything. I hope all women know that they have the power to be strong and successful in whatever they endeavor. Having a role model, someone you look up to and aspire to be like I also believe helps in being strong and successful.
MC: What kind of positive impact do you hope to make using your popularity as a local blogger?
Through blogging I’d love to share with people how they can help give back to their community, there are so many volunteer opportunities out there to help others and I’d love for people to help learn how they can help contribute. I think if you’re able to it’s important to devote some time and energy to others less fortunate.
MC: Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
There are many people and celebrities that I favor and admire; Queen Rania of Jordan has always been a favorite of mine. She has terrific style and is a strong, successful and influential woman making a difference in the world.
Mollie with Mary Kate & Ashley Olson
Photo Courtesy of:
http://www.mollieinseattle.com/about/
MC: I noticed on your blog you like to cover fashion!  Tell me a lit bit about your own personal fashion trends?
I love fashion! My personal style is usually changing, there are days where I love to get dressed up and wear my glitter high heels, and other days I like to keep it simple with some distressed skinnies and my Toms shoes. If I had to sum up my personal style in a few words I’d probably say, elegant, fun, colorful and feminine.
MC: What one fashion item can you not live without?
I can’t live without my Tory Burch Reva flats.
MC: Who is your favorite Seattle designer?
There are so many great designers out there my favorite Seattle Jewelry designer is ThinkNow, their designs are eco friendly and fabulous. For clothes I’m loving Cameron Levin’s new Chelsea Collection.
MC:  You mention charities on your blogs. What are the most important charities are you involved in?
The organizations I’m very passionate about are the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Mona Foundation and Team up for Nonprofits.
MC: What is next for you? What will you be covering on your blog next?
I usually have several posts going at once, as far as my next blog post I’m not sure yet! Usually I make those decisions late at night when the inspiration hits me! J
MC: Thank you so much for taking the time to allow me to cover you.
Thank you so much for this opportunity! I’m honored and flattered to be featured on your blog!
To visit Mollie’s blog go to http://www.mollieinseattle.com/.
Follow Mollie on Twitter http://twitter.com/mollieinseattle
Find Mollie on Facebook http://facebook.com/mollieinseattle



Maile is a founding partner of Cabral Edwards Management, C.E.M.  She blogs for Girl Power Hour (http://www.girlpowerhour.com/) managing their Celeb Buzz Seattle blog. Her bi-monthly GPH blogs will not only focus on celebrities, but on their passions and the positive impact they have on the world. She will be covering female celebrities of all kinds that visit the Seattle and Pacific Northwest area.  Cabral Edwards Management is a Celebrity booking & event management company. Follow her on twitter at @mailehager, @CEMManagement and @SeattleCelebBuz.

1 comment:

  1. Most renowned artists don't expect the same profound specialized understanding of their field that they have, so its a decent thought not to seem to think you know as much as them.
    celebrity teeth

    ReplyDelete