Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities, Events + Things We Love




Tuesday, May 31, 2011

GUEST BLOG: A Girls Guide to Seattle

Tweet Seattle Girls Guide Crew at:
@JessEstrada @MaryLouRicci @gift_girl @girlsguide206
(not pictured @jaymedoll)
Photo Courtesy of Jamee Chasteen
BY JAMMIE CHASTEEN


Microsoft PR Girl by day, Blogger by night, Nadine Haija is your girl for what is going on in the 206. She has hosted several fashion events throughout Seattle including a digital fashion show for Rue La La and most recently Banana Republic’s, After 5 event.

I came across Nadine on twitter several months ago when her twitter handle caught my eye: @girlsguide206. As a former Seattle girl myself, I was interested in keeping up with the fashion scene here. We started tweeting back and forth, she saw some of my work in VA and I kept up with her blog. I recently found myself back in Seattle and her #BRAfter5 tweets caught my eye.

So I showed up to meet this Girls Guide to the 206 at Banana Republic. What a great event! Nadine was styling some girls when I arrived so I took the time to walk around, check out the fabulous collection and even drop my name in a contest for Virgin Airlines!  Seattle could use some more of these live styling events! What girl doesn’t want to be serenaded by live musicians, served amazing drinks, styled and to top it off gets a discount on her purchase? Please!

A former Boston girl, Nadine moved to Seattle after college not knowing a soul. Interested in what was going on in the Emerald City, like any 20 something girl. She had no luck when it came to finding resources for an everyday girl on a budget, so she decided to become the resource. And there, her blog began. Four months into the blog and tweeting she started meeting friends through social media. Before she knew it, her twitter followers become some of her best friends and her blog began to gain popularity.

Nadine met these girls through twitter and they have all remained close and supportive of each other ever since. These girls were a blast to hang out with. I hope to see more Seattle shopping and styling events this summer.

From fashion and food to tweet-ups and everything in between, check out A Girls Guide to Seattle and follow her on twitter @girlsguide206 Nadine hopes to bring the Girls Guide concept across the US with blogs for major city’s where stylish 20 and 20 something’s on a budget can go for all things fabulous in their city.

No comments:

Post a Comment