Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities, Events + Things We Love




Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August is Pay It Forward Month!

August is Pay it Forward Month!  Please join C.E.M. and Girl Power Hour's Darnell Sue in Paying It Forward!

Go ahead, tell that stranger you like her outfit, buy the person behind you at Starbucks their coffee, smile at someone you don't know...choose to make a difference in someone's life... give and you shall receive! BE inspired and be inspiring!

Tell us what you did to make August a PAY IT FORWARD MONTH. Post your good deed to our blog in our comments section, or tweet us your story to @CEMManagement using #PayItForward.

4 comments:

  1. This is a long good deed. I was helping with a local charity to help someone keep their business that was helping children. I reached out to all my colleagues and got a very expensive Swag Bag organized to Raffle off, celebrity autographs, large companies donating large gifts, etc. Only to find out that there were some shady things going on. I had to pull out and tell all my friends and trusted colleagues that I am sending their merch back to them. Every single one said to keep it and put it towards another Charity. So it's not so much me paying it forward as much as all the amazing friends I have. Love them and even when something good turned bad on me, they came through and we are still going to make a difference. I'm so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not limited to August for me but I'll use it to do even more. I smile all the time. It often takes people off guard. Motivates me to do it even more .

    Because I'm southern I use yes ma'am no sir please and thank you often. It really pleases people.

    But this month I've made several referrals to colleagues and even competitors without expectation. In fact I turn down referral fees. I believe in the law of reciprocity.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Bri, its a great idea to give referrals without expectation. If we all did that all the time life would be so much easier! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete