Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities, Events + Things We Love




Friday, October 12, 2012

Tonight: Kollaboration Seattle at the Moore Theater


Tonight, CEM Intern Cathy Pham Directs Kollaboration Seattle at the Moore Theater

By: Cathy Pham

I’m really excited to bring to Seattle an annual talent showcase featuring Asian-Americans. As working with Cabral Edwards Management, they gave me an opportunity to promote and blog about my involvement with a local non-profit called Kollaboration Seattle.   I have had an amazing experience working with both CEM and Kollab at the same time.  Both groups have truly allowed me myself and have empowered me to learn, grow and create.   I hope you, fans of Pink Energy,  support me  as well and all I have done for CEM and Kollab.  They have both done so much for me and deserve your support!  This year, I am blessed to be KollaborationSeattle’s Programming Director, which entails planning the entire show from start to finish.   I love what I do with Kollaboration and am really excited to showcase our talents this year.  We are holding our show at The Moore Theater, which is a huge stepping stone for us this year.

Cathy Pham
I have not always been the Program Director at Kollaboration Seattle.  I started with the organization as a volunteer, and then became a staff member last year on the Programming team.  Being able to become a Programming Director this year is an honor.  I feel like I have grown a lot since I began with Kollaboration as an intern three years ago.  I’ve met many new people and have had opportunities that I would never have dreamed I would be able to have.   Everyone at Kollaboration Seattle contributes their time free of charge.  And, most of us are high school or college students, recent graduates, or young professionals.

Kollaboration is national organization and some people compare our concept to popular programs like American Idol or America’s Got Talent.  However, I believe our organization is totally different because everything behind our organization makes Kollaboration so much more than just a show! Our organization as a whole believes in the movement of Empowerment through Entertainment.  As a group, we’ve work hard to be involved in the community whilst trying to get the entire community to come together and unite. We work with what we have and are determined to show everyone our skills and putting Kollaboration Seattle on the board.

Celebrating its third year, Kollaboration Seattle returns with its annual event, showcasing fresh and diverse local talents. The show will be held at the historic Moore Theatre tonight,  October 12, 2012. The non-profit organization, that devotes itself to empower the presence of Asian and Pacific Islanders in entertainment, brings together six performers who will compete for a grand prize of $1000, as well as a chance to perform in Los Angeles at the Kollaboration All-Star. In partnership with South Korea’s broadcast network MNET, the grand prize winner will also have the opportunity to showcase their talent at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in Hong Kong.

Singer Nat Vibez to Perform.
The six performers include acoustic singer Hannah Hipolito, RnB vocalist NateVibez, old-school hip hop group J-Pros, the Pentatonics with a modern twist in traditional Chinese instruments.  The classical competition is complete
without judges as Kollaboration Seattle 1 competitor GOWE returns as guest judge, as well as One Day’s Wages Eugene Cho, King5 anchor Mimi Jung, and CEO of Pirq.com James Sun. Yuji Okumoto, local restaurateur and Hollywood actor, and Shannon Lee—daughter of Bruce Lee—will also be judging.

Promising a night of all-around entertainment, the show also brings Kollaboration Seattle 2 winner Lion’s Ambition and local hip-hop dance group Chapter1ne. You will also be swayed by the smooth vocals of YouTube sensations Joseph Vincent and Cathy Nguyen.

The night won’t just be about the performers; audiences with hidden dance or vocal talents will also be able to break out of the shell and compete at the Freestyle Vocal Competition and the Freestyle Dance Competition.

Tickets are $20 for General Admission and $40 for VIP. Perks for VIP tickets include meet and greet, and for Priority Seating please visit Seattle’s homepage. For instant updates, follow Kollaboration Seattle on Twitter @KollabSeattle and tweet directly with Cathy at @Cathyy_Pham!   Kollaboration Seattle can be  found on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Kollabseattle.

Special thanks to my staff member Vanesha Manuturi for writing the description for Kollaboration Seattle 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment