Fashion, Beauty, Celebrities, Events + Things We Love




Tuesday, November 20, 2012

NW Beauty Mag Archive: Interview With Fashion Stylist Nicole Busch


Nicole Busch is a certified personal stylist and the founder of Nicole Blair Wear, an image consulting company based in the San Francisco, California and Columbus, Ohio areas. Nicole specializes in helping people look and feel more confident by discovering and displaying their personal style. Her services include fashion consulting, color and body analysis, closet sweeps and personal shopping, and her clients range from celebrities and professional athletes to business people, stay-at-home mothers, teenagers and anyone else interested in learning to dress with confidence.

Nicole received her training through the Wardrobe 911 Style Institute. She was selected by What Not to Wear’s Stacy London to work as a stylist for her Style for Hire company and toured with Ms. London on her Westfield Style Tour. Nicole has also consulted for 1.800.STYLE and Bodymetrics, recently styled a photo shoot for Content Magazine and has presented at a number of businesses and organizations on personal style and confidence.

She began her career in the fitness industry, helping clients feel better in their own bodies by getting their bodies in better shape. Nicole earned certifications from leading fitness organizations and began incorporating mind, body and meditation work into her training sessions to help her clients experience a more holistic transformation. She also became certified in sports nutrition to provide a more comprehensive range of services.

Personal style consulting brings yet another dimension to Nicole’s capabilities, one which she finds especially rewarding. “Feeling confident in how you look helps you feel confident about who you are,” Nicole says. “I love helping people gain the knowledge and tools to look and feel their best.”

Recently I was incredibly honored to be able to speak with Nicole and interview her about her styling career.
NW Beauty Magazine: You have such an impressive bio and background! How do you get it all done, from styling your clients to managing your role at Style For Hire?

Nicole Busch: “Thank you. I sometimes ask myself that question. I think the answer is that when you are doing something that you love you just dig deep and get it done. I personal train clients 3-4 days a week, I have my own styling business Nicole Blair WEAR, I style through Style For Hire and I help my husband with his business (hpgoalkeeping.com).  I will say that I have found that "stacking" clients has helped. I will go hard for a few days/weeks then I take mini breaks 3-4 days off to recoup before my next round.”

NW Beauty Magazine: What’s the last book you read? Or do you even have time to read? You must be so busy!

Nicole Busch: “Unfortunately I'm not a big reader- I'm a reality tv junkie! I tend to read magazines more than anything. I love to see what the celebrities are wearing to get inspiration.“

NW Beauty Magazine: What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to do styling and why?

Nicole Busch: “The hardest thing I'd say is, I had this client who her style was so ‘out there’ and trying to reel her in without crushing her ambition or creativity. My job is to build women up and that one was a tough balance.”

NW Beauty Magazine: When styling photo shoots, what music do you turn on the get the mood just right?
Nicole Busch: “I listen to music before I go into the shoot- usually I'm assisting the photographer so I feel it's about the photographer and the model. Prior to getting to the shoot I love to listen to Pitbull”.

NW Beauty Magazine: How did you get your start in the industry? What advice do you have for people just getting started?

Nicole Brusch: “I met Olympian Gold Medalist Brandi Chastain at the movie theater. She knew my husband from the soccer world. They were speaking about soccer so as I sat there with nothing to interject I googled her. Yes you read that right, I googled her! I asked her about some things I had just found and we started talking. She then asked what I did. It turned out she was covering the Women's World Cup and needed 21 outfits for on air. So I gave her my business card and the rest is history.

My advice would be: get out of your own way! I say that because so often we doubt ourselves and don't take chances, whether its due to fear, rejection, etc. Had I never taken that chance and googled her to find out information I would have never had that opportunity. “

NW Beauty Magazine: What are you most proud of in your career?

Nicole Brusch: “Getting out of my own way! There are so many little accomplishments I've made but they all started with a hesitation. “

NW Beauty Magazine: What is one item in your closet that you can not live without?

Nicole Brusch: “My Alice + Olivia fur vest!”

NW Beauty Magazine: What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

Nicole Brusch: “I'm working on something right now but it's on the downlow......you will have to stay tuned.”

NW Beauty Magazine: Before we end our interview, anything you want to PLUG?
Nicole Brusch ”Sure! Check out my profile on Style for Hire, my company Nicole Blair WEAR and follow me on Facebook & Instagram at Nicole Blair Wear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment