Monday, August 26, 2013
Considering the Pantone color of the year is Emerald Green, I thought I'd share all my favorite things in GREEN! All shades of green have been popular and flying off the shelves this year. From true Emerald Green to a lighter Mint Green, to all shades in between. Here are all the things that make me Green With Envy!
British Racing Green Nail Polish from Butter London. Be right on trend with this emerald green polish! A dark, hunter green nail lacquer that has been the backstage darling of many fashion shows. I love this color, and you'll be right on trend with it. $15.00, butterlondon.com.
Lace overlay dress in Mint Green from Lulus.com. The Damask-ing Nicely Mint Green Dress speaks in sweet tones of mint green, with a beautiful burnout overlay donning floral damask patterning! With a fit and flaire bodice, this cut flatters most women. The garmet has well placed back darts and a perfectly full skirt that tucks into your natural waist. $53, available online at Lulus.com.
Green Urban Expression Bag. This bag is perfect for the gal on the go! It's big enough to fit just enough in it with a little room left over. All of their bags are made out of a Vegan leather, that is so soft, you'd never know the difference. Shop this bag for $45.99 at Handbags.com.
Lime Green Mascara from Butter London. Unleash your inner rock hero and try this Lime Green Jaded Jack mascara from Butter London. Super fun and sure to give your lashes a kick! $20, available online.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils. These colorful, cream, forever lasting and waterproof are a cult-favorite of Urban Decay make-up enthusiasts. Recently Urban Decay added 13 brand new shades in addition to their previous shades and have 40 habit-forming colors in all. Of course, a few of them are green! $19, Available at Sephora, ULTA, Macy's, Sephora.com and more!
Eco-Friendly and Biodegradable Amazonas Sandals. These sandals are the next BIG thing! They are made in Brazil and are 100% biodegradable once you discard them. Plus the soles are really comfortable. Who doesn't love something that is fashionable, co friendly and comfy? $26, coming soon.
Friday, August 23, 2013
|Bri Seeley, Hal Rubinstein and Maile Cabral at|
WWD Magic Market Week 2013
2. Meeting luxury leather designer Bano eeMee at the Emerging Designer showcase. This Canadian emerging designer won the "Creme De La Creme" competition and will be heading to Paris to present his collection to a showroom there. Congratulations Bano, you deserve it! His collection of leather is laser cute and has unique patterning and designs. I personally put my order in for a grey bomber jacket and can't wait to get it. And, his line is reasonably priced, you'd be SHOCKED to hear that his jackets retail typically below $300! This designer is sure to go far, watch for his brand in a store near you.
|Designer Bano eeMee|
3. Discovering Amazonas Sandals! Trust me when I say that these are going to be the NEXT big thing! These Made In Brazil sandals are made from up to 80% recycled materials and they even have a line that is 100% biodegradable. Don't worry, they won't biodegrade in your closet, they biodegrade in 5 years after discarding them into a compost like environment. This brand features vibrant colors, comfortable fit and fashionable designs. I absolutely think they are going to give the famously popular Brazilian flip flop brand Haviana's a run for their money. Watch LuckyMag.com for some upcoming features of my favorite styles from Amazonas Sandals in their online community.
4. Trying out Wear Panda sunglasses with Stacy Eden of Clutch Jewelry. These handcrafted sunglasses are made from sustainable bamboo and are super comfortable and fashionable. If you drop them in water, they even float! My favorite's are the Monroe style in Black, which retail for $120. I'll be telling you all more about these soon on LuckyMag.com.
5. The WWD Magic Fashion Presentation. One of my favorite things was to watch the daily WWD Magic fashion shows. They were styled by Hal Rubenstein from InStyle Magazine, and Bri Seeley was featured daily. I remember watching, with the professional models, and the hundreds of real buyers in attendance, this is the way fashion shows are supposed to be. I have seen my fair share of poorly run fashion shows, so this one was nice change of pace.
|Bri Seeley dress on WWD Magic Runway|
6. Picking up my new Shawl Dawl. All week, I spent time next to the Shawl Dawl booth and I picked up new shawls daily! I just couldn't resist myself! These versatile shawls can be worn more than 15+ different ways and are so much fun. The Shawl Dawl crew is so cute and so much fun, I can't wait to see them again. Oh, and did I mention the shawls are in the $50 price range? Who wouldn't want one?
|Coral Shawl Dawl Gals: Rasheda and Maile, Magic 2013|
Photo Courtesy of Shawl Dawls Facebook
7. Surprising old friends and new with free gifted Bel Fiore Hair Tie packs! I had a blast wandering around magic handing out samples of Bel Fiore hair ties. These are the best hair ties ever, and they don't leave dents in your hair. They are handmade in the USA, and are much more affordable than their Emi-Jay look a-like's. If anyone is interested in ordering these for wholesale or personal orders contact Maile at MaileHager@yahoo.com. We have a great Magic Show Special running! And, if you missed me at Magic, I'll mail you a sample pack. Just message me.
|Bel Fiore Hair Ties|
8. Finding Kix'ies in my hotel breakfast room! When I went to breakfast I met two of the cutest gals wearing the cutest tights. Turns out they were the owners of Kix'ies a new luxury leg wear brand exhibiting at Magic. I stopped by their booth that day and picked up a pair. And, here is what I can tell you about them. First of all, they stay up! The technology in the leg band keeps these leggings up all day, without slipping. And second, they don't "cut" your thigh off. The thigh band is super flattering and makes any thigh look great. Third, their patterns are very classy and far from trashy. I ended up wearing a pair of Kix'ies every single day. Thank you Kix'ies!
9. Spending time with Bri Seeley! Ok, so yes, Bri is a client but spending time with her was priceless at Magic. I think it's fair to say we had the BEST. WEEK. EVER!
10. The Emerging Designer Showcase at WWD Magic. I want to give a huge round of applause to the 4 accessory designers and 7 apparel designers at the Emerging Designer Showcase. Their energy was palpable and was energetic every single day. They worked long hours, and deserve a huge round of applause for their perseverance, excellence and accomplishments.
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Last night's After The Final Rose segment on ABC's, The Bachelorette, was a shocking finale. We couldn't be happier that Des Hartstock selected Chris and found her happy ever after! Des looked so beautiful and happy. Plus, who could forget that gorgeous studded, cream dress she wore? Lucky for you, I found out just what she was wearing and where you can find it! I also found the super cute dress that Bachelor Alum, Lindsay Yenter was wearing in the audience.
|Desiree Hartstock, on ABC's The Bachelorette,|
After The Final Rose Episode
Des's dress was a Rebecca Taylor couture dress. It is the 'Nailhead' Studded Knit Sheath Dress, and is super hard to find. Retailing for $395, this dress is sold out at most retailers including Nordstrom and Piperlime are sold out of the garmet. It's no wonder this dress is mostly sold out with it's masterfully placed studs that create an eye-catching graphic pattern on this classically-cut stretch sheath dress. The garmet features a v-neck, cap sleeves, studded pattern, pullover style and is about 23" from natural waist. Dress is made from rayon/cotton and is dry clean only. If you want this dress, a few are left and available at Saks Fifth Avenue. On sale for$276.50.
|Rebecca Taylor "Nailhead" Dress|
Available at Saks Fifth Avenue
One of Desiree's friends, and The Bachelor alum, Lindsay Yenter was there to support her friend in the studio. I just loved her super cute little babydoll dress, with its sheer fabric and fun daisy flower print on it.
|Lindsay Yenter in For Love or Lemon|
The dress Lindsay chose was a Summer Pre Fall 2013 dress, from
For Love and Lemons. The "Lover Boy" garmet was given to her by Fine N Funky boutique located in Lake Tahoe, Utah. Fine N Funky's foundation began in the late 70's, inspired by the essence of fine style, and funky fashion the culture grew on the shore of Lake Tahoe's snow clad alpine peaks, white sandy beaches, and enchanting blue water. They dress some pretty awesome celebrity clientel who frequent the retail establishment, which has established them as a trendsetting, innovative and iconic retail establishment.
The dress is not currently available through Fine N Funky but we found it available online through Urban Outfitters online for $99. The garmet features 100% luxe silk on the outside of the babydoll dress with an allover floral pattern. Breezy, tiered construction with a knit slip lining. Pullover construction.
|For Love And Lemond "Lover Boy" Dress|
For Love and Lemon is a super cute brand that derived their style from those sun-soaked "Lemonade Stand Days". The designers, owners, and BFF's of the brand, Gillian Mahin and Laura Hall, are the masterminds behind this line. Born in Wyoming, and now based in Los Angeles, the collection is anything but conventional – rebelling against the standards of modern society. The line taunts with intrigue as a clash of colors and patterns are evoked by chic separates and devious dresses. Where the modern gypsy is punk, For Love & Lemons is a brand to relate to, for that girl that doesn't follow trends, she makes them.
Monday, August 5, 2013
CEM is excited to announce we'll be attending Magic Market Week, April 18 - 22, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We'll have a jam packed schedule, representing Bri Seeley, BINSI Maternity + Birth Apparel and Bel Fiore Couture Hair Accessories. Plus, we'll be hoping to get more than a few fashion forecast blogs up on Lucky Magazine while we're there.
The primarily goal of our time at Magic will be to represent CEM client Bri Seeley, a successful Women's Wear Designer who will be at Magic to debut her "Silence Collection" for Spring / Summer 2014.
BRI SEELEY The Silence Collection - Spring/Summer 2014
PHOTO CREDIT: Photography: Albert Urso Photography (URSOphoto) Hair/Makeup: Lyndsay Michelle Artistry Model: Michelle — at Brewery Artist Lofts.
For more information on the Bri Seeley's "Silence Collection" or to make a LIVE appointment with Bri Seeley Designs at Magic Market Week, please contact Maile Cabral (Email: MaileHager@yahoo.com or reach her directly at (360) 561-0961). The Bri Seeley booth will be located at booth #80017 at South Hall on the 2nd floor.
In addition to working with Bri Seeley, we'll be searching out opportunities for BINSI Birth + Maternity Apparel and Bel Fiore Couture Hair Accessories. BINSI, Inc. has been in business for 8 years and continues to be an industry leader in Birthing apparel. Their designs are meant to change the look and feel of labor, giving moms- to- be the confidence they need during birth. Bel Fiore is a popular Bellevue, WA based company that creates some of Hollywoods' most sought after hair accessories.
If you are a buyer, blogger or media attending MAGIC and want to know more about these exciting brands, please contact Maile Cabral at the contact information above to schedule an appointment, make sample requests or request media kits.
One of the most exciting parts of MAGIC will be scouting out fashion’s most comprehensive collection of women’s apparel, accessories and footwear at WWDMAGIC to discover exciting fashion updates and forecasts. This portion of the show showcases more than 2,000 emerging to established labels across every pricepoint and trend. Presented in collaboration with Women’s Wear Daily, WWDMAGIC features expert fashion forecasts, exclusive networking events, cutting-edge seminars and all the styles of the season. CLICK HERE to see a list of exhibiting brands.
Buzzing with the energy of the leading junior and young contemporary brands, WWDMAGIC is the dedicated destination for everything fresh in young women’s fashion. At the heart of Central Hall at WWDMAGIC is the media-minded trend center, The Concourse. We are so excited to visit the hyper-cool collective of interactive exhibits that serve as homebase for the industry’s hippest fashion influencers, syndicating live amidst the excitement of the show floor.
If there is something you would like to see us cover in our blog from Magic, tweet us at @CEMManagemnet and #CEMMagic.