Pantone recently named their 2104 color of the year: Radiant Orchid. “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®.
The color of the year selection requires careful consideration and, to arrive at the selection, Pantone quite literally combs the world looking for color influences. This can include the entertainment industry and films that are in production, traveling art collections, hot new artists, popular travel destinations and other socio-economic conditions. Influences may also stem from technology, availability of new textures and effects that impact color, and even upcoming sports events that capture worldwide attention. Once the color is released, you can be sure to see its influence throughout 2014. Fashionista's worldwide will undoubtedly be adding some Radiant Orchid pieces to your wardrobe collection.
I absolutely love this color and couldn't wait to shop it for it. If you're like me and want to shop Radiant Orchid now, here are some of my favorite pieces that are available immediately.
1. The Samra Two Tone Cap Toe With Bow Flat from Yosi Samra. One pretty little bow makes all the difference. This Samara Ballet Flat is chic and wholly feminine, thanks to that one tiny detail. Retails for $84.00 and is available online.
2. Nico Mid-Rise Super Skinny Jean for Women from Hudson. The Nico features a second skin silhouette, 30” inseam that hits just above the ankle, and a mid-rise to sit a little higher on the waist for comfortable fit. Inspired by the luxe lifestyle of Jetsetters and carefree vibe of Gypsies, we bring you Grey Gypset, a stand-out bohemian print with a pop of color throughout. You'll definitely find hits of Radiant Orchid in this exciting pattern. Retails for $198.00 on HudsonJeans.com.
3. Kari Gran Tinted Lip Whip. A perfect everyday lip balm that complements the Kari Gran skin care system, the Lip Whip contains a soothing combination of ingredients. Handy in the purse, in the car or on the night stand, Lip Whip is beautiful alone or paired with lipstick and gives lips a sensual, glossy, moisturizing boost. Available in Peppermint and Cinnamon-Pimenta Berry. Lip Whip is packaged in petite screw top pots. Available online for $15.00.
4. The Together in Orchid Watch from Modify Watches. The Together in Orchid comes with one Together watch face and one Orchid strap. The watch face is removable so that you can mix-and-match faces and straps of all styles from your Modify collection. The strap is made from a soft and comfortable silicone material; the face has a stainless steel back and is scratch resistant. Retails for $45.00 and is available online.
5. The PINCH Provisions Minimerency Kit for Her in purple. Her contains 17 must-haves: hairspray, clear nail polish, nail polish remover, emery board, lip balm, earring backs, clear elastics, mending kit, safety pin, Shemergency® tape, stain remover, deodorant towelette, pain reliever, tampon, breath freshener, dental floss, and an adhesive bandage. It retails for $13 and is sold online.
6. Papyrus Greeting Cards. My favorite is this Wood Laser-Cut Silhouette with Painterly Flowers.
A laser-cut wood silhouette design is layered over a watercolor-floral illustration accented with purple glitter on this lovely blank card. Retails for $7.95 available online and select designs available at Target stores.
7. Flower Beauty Sheer Up Lip Tint in Airy Orchid. From celebrity Drew Barrymore's cosmetic line, this chubby lip product is a pampering balm and sheer pigment lipstick all in one. It goes on smooth and has a high-shine gloss. Retails for $7.98 in Walmart stores or on Walmart.com.
8. Sky Pyramid Stud Earrings from Prima Donna. Reach for the sky with these jewel stone studs packing a knockout punch of style. Available online for just $5.99.